In my first version of that tool I created an array, that contains three directories. The tool searches those three directories for files ending with CFG.
By it’s very nature a user doesn’t want to run a program from start to end, but wants to jump between different program parts if needed. That’s why it became clear, that I had to create a main menu to offer several options. Besides the main goal to search for backups and to open them, you will for sure want to be able to adjust some settings and even to just quit the tool.
Recently I faced an interesting problem again,
that I want to share with you. Should you ever have the same problem, I hope
you will find this post and that you can save some time searching for the root
cause. There had been a customer call, that Media Manager plays no recording.
A short look into the recordings page seemed
to be fine. The system showed all made recordings. But as soon as you clicked
the play button the small player window appeared. Unfortunately you couldn’t
hear anything. It looked similar to the following picture with the
exception that the length of the recording has been shown as zero seconds.
In most of my posts I try to have a look into several problems I faced. This can be errors or vague descriptions. But it can also be challenges, where I have to find my own solutions.
In those posts I try to document, what I learned and I hope that I can offer you some kind of value.
During my work it has been necessary several times to have a look into different IP Office backups. Either because some config changes had been done by someone else or to reuse special config ideas from one customer on another’s customer’s system. It has always been a challenge to find the correct backup at the correct location.
That is why I had the idea to build a small tool, that searches for IP Office backups below different paths and presents the result in a nice list. From that list it should then be possible to open the backup,directly.
In the Tek-Tips IP Office forum I recently read about an issue with the latest update of an IP500V2 to the latest 11.0 FP4 SP1. Upgrade fails and during file transfer you can see a HTTP error message “400 Bad Request”.
User splittingcodec found the reason for the issue and posted a workaround. He found out that some files in the Manager’s MemoryCards folder are empty. The solution was to just add some content to those files. For example just use the file name as content and save the files.
Recently Avaya informed about the stronger certificate rules in upcoming mobile operating systems iOS 13 and Android Q as well as on MacOS 10.15 through this PSN: https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101058839. Avaya announced that those stronger rules may affect the commonly used Avaya apps on smartphones and tablets as well as on MAC PCs.
A valid certificate must match the following criteria:
Recently we ran into an issue we didn’t figure out before.
But from the beginning… With the switch from 9.0 to 9.1 Avaya started to support the use of PLDS licenses in IP Office, even if the good old ADI licenses were still working. PLDS licenses have only been delivered dir systems with contact centers like IPOCC or ACCS. With the upgrade to 10.0 ADI licenses became obsolete and we had to migrate to PLDS licensing during the upgrade. After a few challenges with the first few license sets everything worked fine and I like PLDS.
bintec elmeg offers several routers that offer a good feature set (including the more and more important IPv6 and DSLite) for a good price. Those routers can be used for example to build a VPN infrastructure, if you have to connect a central site with several branch offices.
For the central site bintec elmeg offers RXL series routers. For the branch offices the cheapest option is a RS123 router that can connect through ethernet connection or by using the inbuilt SFP port. If there is a DSL line in place, the better option is RS353 or be.IP Plus with it‘s inbuilt PBX. It comes with four analogue interfaces to connect analogue phones or fax devices. No need to buy an extra ATA.
Update: I removed the hint that the locale can be changed back to “de_DE.UTF-8” because I got the information that the host ID is generated during boot of the server. So it is probably not the best idea to use a locale different to “en_US.UTF-8”.
Update 2: I added the link to the official solution document provided by Avaya.
As described in the linked article we came over an issue that after upgrading IP Office Server Edition from earlier releases to 11.0 the WebLM stops doing it’s job. It starts well but is not able anymore to pull the MAC address and to generate the host ID.
This leads into the situation that the WebLM properties page shows exactly nothing:
After about six month of absence from Avaya I recently started to do some support again. My first job was to update a solution of two IP Office IP500 chassis together with two application servers to release 11.0 and the SBC used to connect mobile workers and a new SIP trunk to the latest 7.2 version.
From IP Office Server Edition I heard about issues with the WebLM delivered in release 11 not showing the server properties page. Without the WebLM’s Host-ID it is not possible to generate valid licenses and so IP Office itself will not work. Continue reading →
I found out that the real issue was that the provided data from IP Office came as UTF8 but PowerShell tries to treat that as local format. We can tell PowerShell to treat the data as UTF8 while reading. Continue reading →