Recently I faced an interesting problem again,
that I want to share with you. Should you ever have the same problem, I hope
you will find this post and that you can save some time searching for the root
cause. There had been a customer call, that Media Manager plays no recording.
A short look into the recordings page seemed
to be fine. The system showed all made recordings. But as soon as you clicked
the play button the small player window appeared. Unfortunately you couldn’t
hear anything. It looked similar to the following picture with the
exception that the length of the recording has been shown as zero seconds.
In the Tek-Tips IP Office forum I recently read about an issue with the latest update of an IP500V2 to the latest 11.0 FP4 SP1. Upgrade fails and during file transfer you can see a HTTP error message “400 Bad Request”.
User splittingcodec found the reason for the issue and posted a workaround. He found out that some files in the Manager’s MemoryCards folder are empty. The solution was to just add some content to those files. For example just use the file name as content and save the files.
Recently Avaya informed about the stronger certificate rules in upcoming mobile operating systems iOS 13 and Android Q as well as on MacOS 10.15 through this PSN: https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101058839. Avaya announced that those stronger rules may affect the commonly used Avaya apps on smartphones and tablets as well as on MAC PCs.
A valid certificate must match the following criteria:
Recently we ran into an issue we didn’t figure out before.
But from the beginning… With the switch from 9.0 to 9.1 Avaya started to support the use of PLDS licenses in IP Office, even if the good old ADI licenses were still working. PLDS licenses have only been delivered dir systems with contact centers like IPOCC or ACCS. With the upgrade to 10.0 ADI licenses became obsolete and we had to migrate to PLDS licensing during the upgrade. After a few challenges with the first few license sets everything worked fine and I like PLDS.
bintec elmeg offers several routers that offer a good feature set (including the more and more important IPv6 and DSLite) for a good price. Those routers can be used for example to build a VPN infrastructure, if you have to connect a central site with several branch offices.
For the central site bintec elmeg offers RXL series routers. For the branch offices the cheapest option is a RS123 router that can connect through ethernet connection or by using the inbuilt SFP port. If there is a DSL line in place, the better option is RS353 or be.IP Plus with it‘s inbuilt PBX. It comes with four analogue interfaces to connect analogue phones or fax devices. No need to buy an extra ATA.
Update: I removed the hint that the locale can be changed back to “de_DE.UTF-8” because I got the information that the host ID is generated during boot of the server. So it is probably not the best idea to use a locale different to “en_US.UTF-8”.
Update 2: I added the link to the official solution document provided by Avaya.
As described in the linked article we came over an issue that after upgrading IP Office Server Edition from earlier releases to 11.0 the WebLM stops doing it’s job. It starts well but is not able anymore to pull the MAC address and to generate the host ID.
This leads into the situation that the WebLM properties page shows exactly nothing:
After about six month of absence from Avaya I recently started to do some support again. My first job was to update a solution of two IP Office IP500 chassis together with two application servers to release 11.0 and the SBC used to connect mobile workers and a new SIP trunk to the latest 7.2 version.
From IP Office Server Edition I heard about issues with the WebLM delivered in release 11 not showing the server properties page. Without the WebLM’s Host-ID it is not possible to generate valid licenses and so IP Office itself will not work. Continue reading →
I found out that the real issue was that the provided data from IP Office came as UTF8 but PowerShell tries to treat that as local format. We can tell PowerShell to treat the data as UTF8 while reading. Continue reading →
With the end of the year 2017 the self signed certificates of many IP Office PBXs expired. Compare my last post from July 2017. Hopefully you were able to renew the certificates of all your systems in the meantime.
If not you will get a warning if you try to login the next time.
You will get this warning, if you connect to an IP Office that uses an expired certificate.
In this case it is now the time to react. To get access to the IP Office security settings you have to adjust the IP Office Manager preferences. You have to allow secure access without any certificate checks:
This images shows how to disable certificate checks in IP Office Manager preferences
Now you are able to login into security settings and to issue a new certificate.
Recently after upgrading IP Office to release 10.1 we got calls from different customers who told us that they have about two seconds of silence at the beginning of a call. After researching with one of our customers we figured out that only 9608G phones are affected while other models (9611G, 9641GS) has no problems. In our tests showed that only outbound calls are affected and only calls with direct media (no VCM calls and no RTP relay calls) are affected.
The phone were running different firmware versions and we did an upgrade to 6.6401 as it is the latest firmware that ships with IP Office 10.1. But that didn’t help. Due to the fact that 9611 phones that run the same firmware have no issues we thought of a bad series of hardware. Continue reading →